Can Chiropractic Care Help With Headaches?
If you suffer from headaches, you have likely tried many options for relief. At Bluegrass Chiro, we have several options for those who are seeking a chiropractor in Southern Kentucky. Let us look at the causes of headaches and how chiropractic care can help you find lasting relief.
Causes Of Headaches
Headaches are not completely understood by the medical community, and more research needs to be done to fully understand why some people experience headaches and others do not. There are some clear triggers that are connected to headaches in many people, including:
- Hormonal changes in women - Many women find that monthly changes in estrogen, as well as pregnancy and menopause, can trigger headaches.
- Alcohol consumption - It is common for headaches to occur in the hours or days after consuming alcohol.
- Caffeine withdrawal - If you consume caffeine regularly, stopping suddenly can trigger a headache. Too much caffeine can also trigger a headache.
- Stress - Physical, mental, or emotional stress can trigger headaches. Headaches can follow long after the stressor is relieved.
- Foods - Many people find that chocolate, certain cheeses, and certain food additives can trigger headaches.
If you suffer from headaches, it is a good idea to keep a journal of when your headaches occur. This can help you to identify your triggers and can help your healthcare providers to devise a plan to help you find relief from your headaches.
Headache Treatment With A Chiropractor
When you work with a chiropractor for headache treatment, you will talk through your symptoms and potential triggers. Together, you will develop a treatment plan that makes sense for your needs. Many people find successful headache treatment with a combination of lifestyle changes, spinal adjustments, and massage. While you may notice a decrease in headaches right away, it may take a few appointments for your new treatment plan to begin to take effect in your body.
Call Bluegrass Chiro Today!
If you are searching for holistic headache treatment, reach out to Bluegrass Chiro. Our chiropractic care staff is here to help you with the headache treatment you need, without prescription medications.
Call us today at (859) 239-0022 to learn more about how we can help you get relief from chronic headaches. We have offices in Albany, Bardstown, Bowling Green, Danville, Frankfort, Richmond, Harrodsburg, Lebanon, Lawrenceburg, and Nicholasville. No matter where you are in Kentucky, you are never far from a Bluegrass Chiro office. Reach out to us today to schedule your first appointment.